Troubleshooting and Knowledge Base

Q. Why does my camera connect irregularly, and how can I prevent it?

Q. Why does my camera connect irregularly, and how can I prevent it?

A. Your computer should be set to a higher performance setting in the power plan.
To do this on Win 10, do the following:

1. In your bottom right Search Bar, type "Edit Power Plan"
  2. Click "Change advanced power settings"
  3. Select the drop down, then select High Performance
  4. "Apply" then "Ok"

In addition, Power saving mode should be turned off for all USB ports via Device Manager.
To do this in Win 10, do the following:

1. Access your Device Manager by searching in bottom left, or Right-Clicking the Windows Icon and selecting from list
  2. Expand the list called "Universal Serial Bus controllers"
  3. Right-click the first option, and select Properties
  4. Go to the tab "Power Management"
  5. Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
  6. Repeat for all menu listings in this category

If the problem persists, Open Device Manager and identify your camera under "Cameras" as USB Video Device. Try gently flexing the cable in all directions, in 4in. sections, from one end of the camera to the other while the device is plugged into your computer… If the Device Manager updates (flickering, load wheel, device drops and reconnects), you potentially have a short in the cable and may require a technical evaluation and/or replacement.

Shorts are caused by routine stress to the cable in the same spot. To prevent this try not crimping or kinking the cable. Hang properly to relieve stress and tension on cable (never hang by cable)

Sincerely, Triston Hughes Technical Support VIDEO DENTAL CONCEPTS 100 E Granada Dr #219 Ormond Beach, FL 32176 (800) 323-2690