Troubleshooting and Knowledge Base

Q. I just switched to the Mobile X. Will I need to change sensor settings?

Q. I just switched to the Mobile X. Will I need to change sensor settings?

A. The number one factor to a Sensor's image quality is exposure. When you receive a new Xray unit, you should take a series of images (4-8) of the same bitewing(ex.), working from a lower than normal exposure to a higher than normal exposure. Compare the results to determine a standard Exposure time for most patients. Adjust as necessary dependent on the variable of mass between Sensor and Xray Unit. (.15s-.25s.-.35s-.45s is a good range to narrow in)

NOTE: The Mobile X, and likewise with other handhelds, expose typically at a longer time but with less power. Wall units have historically exposed in a more condensed does over less time.

Warning: When testing the exposure range of our Xray unit, keep note of all regulatory standards involving medical radiation. Take all necessary and optional safety precautions to secure a compliant and safe office space for yourself, coworkers, and clients.

Sincerely, Triston Hughes Technical Support VIDEO DENTAL CONCEPTS 100 E Granada Dr #219 Ormond Beach, FL 32176 (800) 323-2690