Troubleshooting and Knowledge Base

Q. I have the same artifact appearing in my images. What is it / How do I remove it?

Q. I have the same artifact appearing in my images. What is it / How do I remove it?

A. Artifacts in your image may be 1 of 3 potential things.

1. LINES/PIXELS: If the artifact in your images reoccur in the same spot, and appear as a collection of pixels or as a solid line of pixels straight across the sensor, your captures may need a correction file applied. Correction files are sent with each sensor in the USB business card that accompanies your package. Correction files may also be requested from us directly. If you have one already for your particular sensor (Correction files are serial number specific), be sure your imaging software or twain is set to apply a Calibration/Correction file or is set to return a Corrected Image. Be sure the file path for your software can locate the proper correction file.
    NOTE: MAC USERS: Correction files for the Quickray will not appear to match your Serial Number. Correction files for MACS are renamed in programmer format.
  2. "Ghost" Image: This artifact will manifest as a re-occurring distortion in the same location. To test if this is the issue you are experiencing, change your sensor settings to NOT use a Calibration/Correction file. Alternatively, adjust the sensor settings to return only a Raw Image instead of Fully Corrected Image. Take a test X-Ray, and observe if the distortion is present or absent. If it is still present, you do not have a "Ghost" Image. If it is not present, then your Correction/Calibration file is corrupted and needs to be removed or replaced.
  3. Delamination: This artifact appears like a bubble. It is typically round, darker in color, and eventually leads to a dead zone in the sensor. This sort of image artifact is non-repairable. These areas will persist to expand as they are region of separation in the laminated CMOS board. The causes are but not limited to: rough use, trauma to sensor, improper storage conditions.
Sincerely, Triston Hughes Technical Support VIDEO DENTAL CONCEPTS 100 E Granada Dr #219 Ormond Beach, FL 32176 (800) 323-2690